Expressive Therapy Concepts Inc.
HIPAA POLICY STATMENT
Purpose of this Notice
Publication of this Notice
It is the policy of this organization that a notice of privacy practices must be published, that this notice be provided to all subject individuals at the first patient encounter if possible, and that all uses and disclosures of protected health information be done in accord with this organization's notice of privacy practices. It is the policy of this organization to post the most current notice of privacy practices on our website, and to have copies available for distribution with our on-site clinicians.
How We Protect Personal Information
We treat personal information securely and confidentially. We limit access to personal information to only those persons who need to know that information to provide support services to our customers. These persons are trained on the importance of safeguarding this information and must comply with our procedures and applicable laws. We employ strict physical, electronic and procedural security standards to protect personal information and maintain internal procedures to promote the integrity and accuracy of that information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may use or disclose protected health information to the Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) in connection with the reporting of adverse events, product defects or problems, product tracking or for other purposes as required by the FDA. We may use or disclose protected health information during the course of clinical research activities. We may also disclose personal information as required by law. Individual Rights to Access and Correct Personal Information We have procedures in place for individuals to have access to protected health information, and procedures in place to ensure the integrity of our information and for the timely correction of incorrect information. Your records are never given to solicitors.
Minimum Necessary Use and Disclosure of Protected Health
It is the policy of this organization that for all routine and recurring uses and disclosures of PHI (except for uses or disclosures made 1) for treatment purposes, 2) to or as authorized by the patient or 3) as required by law for HIPAA compliance such uses and disclosures of protected health information must be limited to the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish the purpose of the use or disclosure. It is also the policy of this organization that non-routine uses and disclosures will be handled pursuant to established criteria. It is also the policy of this organization that
all requests for protected health information (except as specified above) must be limited to the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish the purpose of the request.
It is the policy of this organization that privacy protections extend to information concerning deceased individuals.
Training and Awareness
It is the policy of this organization that all members of our workforce have been trained by the compliance date on the policies and procedures governing protected health information and how this organization complies with the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules. It is also the policy of this organization that new members of our workforce receive training on these matters within a reasonable (you may elect to enter the exact time frame) time after they have joined the workforce. It is the policy of this organization to provide training should any policy or procedure related to the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule materially change. This training will be provided within a reasonable time (you may elect to enter the exact time frame) after the policy or procedure materially changes. Furthermore, it is the policy of this organization that training will be documented indicating participants, date and subject matter.
As a Music Therapy client of Expressive Therapy Concepts Inc. you have the right to:
1. Understand and use these rights. If for any reason you do not understand or need help, Expressive Therapy Concepts Inc.. must provide assistance.
2. Receive Music Therapy Services without discrimination as to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, or source of payment.
3. Receive considerate and respectful Music Therapy Services.
4. Receive emergency Music Therapy if you need it.
5. Be informed of the name and position of the Music Therapist who will be in charge of your Music Therapy Services.
6. Refuse Music Therapy Services at your discretion.
7. Understand that the Music Therapists of Expressive Therapy Concepts Inc. prefer a smoke-free environment.
8. Receive all information that you need to give an informed consent for any proposed Music Therapy course.
This information shall include the possible risks and benefits of the therapy.
9. Receive an explanation of all Music Therapy charges upon request.
10. Complain without fear of reprisals about the Music Therapy services you are receiving and to have Expressive Therapy Concepts Inc. respond to you and if you request it, a written response. If you are not satisfied with Expressive Therapy Concepts Inc.’s response, you may address your complaint to the:
American Association for Music Therapy
Silver Spring, MD
11. Receive a reasonable response to any reasonable request for Music Therapy..